Thursday, March 21, 2013

T-Shirt Shrug

First, I need to get this off my chest: SEWING T-SHIRTS IS A PAIN!!!! So much stretch, and wiggling. Bleh!!

There. I feel better.

I wanted to craft today, and lovely Wanda was kind enough to make a suggestion: T-Shirt Shrug! There are tons of tutorials online, so I won't bother making one. It's pretty straightforward.

I used this one.

The only change I would make is that I would add some beads or something to the bottom of the ribbon to keep it from slithering back into the shirt.


I'm going to be honest, I think I look ridiculous in shrugs. My body was not made for them. But it's finished, and it turned out...not too bad! Pretty easy, for any shrug-lovers. And that shirt was in a pile headed for donations anyway, so it was fun to experiment with something new!  And best news? Not much mess to clean up! So I can continue cleaning up messes from my other projects... Brian will be thrilled.

1 comment:

  1. So, I'm just now seeing this and it's adorable! I haven't made one yet, but seeing you do it gives me hope that one day I will. :-)

    ReplyDelete